Les tours du château de Nages

Two of the towers of the Château de Nages, built in the 15th century, have stood the test of time. Local materials such as granite, marble and lime are used to great effect.

In July and August, guided tours and enigmatic adventures for the whole family, on reservation.

Extract from the Compoix of 1665:
"A castle at the said place cazal stable and farmyard contains the castle 100 canes "on the ground", stable 30 canes, farmyard 150 canes, cazal 40 canes, facing sunrise noon and kissing public street, setting the church St Martin..."

It is a miracle that despite the violence of the attack by the Protestant troops of Montgommery in February 1586, this part of the castle was not destroyed. Towards the end of the 17th century, Thomas de Thézan had this magnificent so-called “ramp-on-ramp” staircase built there.

Until the 16th century, the Saint Victor church stood on the site of the current cemetery. It suffered significant damage during the Protestant attack and was not rebuilt.

By tradition the Nageols always call the cemetery “Saint Victor”. After the ruin of the church, the castle chapel was converted and enlarged to become the current parish church where you can admire magnificent iconographic frescoes (open during the day).

Informations supplémentaires

Animaux acceptés : Oui

Langues parlées

  • French


Ouverture du 01 January 2024 au 31 December 2024


Moyens de paiement

  • Check
  • Cash



  • Public WC
  • Car park
  • Coach parking
  • Free car park


  • Pets welcome
  • Coach access
  • Motorhomes allowed

This provider also offers



Historic site and monument