Although it appears to be very austere from outside, there is a contrast with the interior done with frescoes by Régagon.
Protestants dominated the region during two centuries, after the destruction of Saint Sauveur Church in Hautpoul.
In 1665, there were 1732 protestants for only 314 catholics attending the service in Saint Jacques Church, called at that time Saint Tsames and became Reformed Church in 1805.
The development in the textile industry attracts a largely Catholic rural population for whom the current Saint Sauveur Church was built (1740).
It may be noted the Cavaillé Coll Organ (1873)
Classement & labels
- Circuits de France_POI
Animaux acceptés : Non
Ouverture du 01 January 2023 au 31 December 2023